we highly recommend michelle o leary for all automatic lessons in cork
An automatic car is slightly different to a manual car in that the driver does not need to change gear by themselves using a clutch pedal as with a manual car. An automatic gearbox does not have a left pedal / clutch pedal as a manual car does therefore when driving an automatic car the left foot does not need to be used at all.
An automatic car can be seen or believed to be easier to drive than a manual car.
Learning to drive in an automatic car is a popular choice for learners who find changing gear and using a clutch pedal difficult - which makes it a popular choice for the elderly learner or those with some restricting disability. We would normally recommend someone always try and learn in a manual car to first 'test' the suitability, then if they find the operation of the clutch or gear changes to be difficult then move to an automatic car.
Many people who simply need to learn in a very short period of time often start with automatic car driving lessons and driving licence in order to get themselves on the road with a full licence a little quicker than with gears and clutch.
If you choose to learn in an automatic car and take a driving test in an automatic car your driving licence only allows you to drive an automatic car, so if you wish to drive a manual car you would need to take another driving test in a manual car.
The most common reasons for learning in an automatic car are:
- Easier to learn
- Less confidence with their ability to learn to drive
- Learning to drive quicker and gaining a full licence faster
- Shorter legs / struggling to reach or control pedals
- Has been advised to try automatic by another driving school or instructor
- Struggles or doesn't understand clutch control
- Struggles or doesn't understand gears and/ or changing gear
- Already owns an automatic car
- Has some restricting disability
- Learning to drive at an older age
call michelle 0876044027 FOR AUTOMATIC LESSONS ONLY